Travel Talk Radio is…
Travel Talk Radio originates from North Texas and broadcasts weekly from our flagship station, KTSQ and over a dozen radio stations around the country as well as on the internet!
This is the new generation of radio. A combination of terrestrial radio broadcasts and web-based streaming which embodies the new global travel market.
Why has Internet-based travel journalism become so important to the travel and tourism industry?
For an analysis of its impact on our industry, read Durant Imboden’s article:
For information about sponsorship and advertising opportunities on Travel Talk Radio — and our rate sheet — email [email protected]
Travel Talk Radio is a production of Mutual Broadcast Radio Network.
The rationale for our talk radio approach is amplified by Leo Ashcraft, for many years a Broadcast Engineer for Mutual Broadcast and Mutual Broadcast News. He is the founder and main host of the show. You may have heard him on Westwood One with Art Bell – founder of Coast to Coast AM. Mr. Ashcraft’s resume stretches far and wide both off air – behind the scenes and on the air from local radio and television stations to national broadcasts through syndication.
Travel Talk Radio has been designed for the future because the future of all media is the Internet.
Travel Talk Radio is positioned to be a global medium and part and parcel of this ever-growing worldwide medium.
This exponential reach is also the essence of Travel Talk Radio’s alliances and its amalgamation of radio and the Internet. All global media need an origination point and for Travel Talk Radio that is Dallas Texas, an important market in itself, but also the point of departure for the show’s growing global reach.”
Powered by the vast distribution network of Mutual Broadcast. Travel Talk Radio is at the fingertips of some of the largest radio stations in the United States. These stations have the necessary equipment in place and addition of the show is as simple as scheduling and flipping a digital switch.
Partner stations are being added regularly throughout the U.S. – coming to a market near you soon.
How to assess the importance of Travel Talk Radio
Our Demographics and Listener Profile:
The promotional benefits of radio
- Radio “hits home”; it is the medium with the broadest consumer reach. It surpasses television, newspapers, and magazines in reaching more people and a wider demographic of the public.
- In terms of talk radio, the public makes a conscious choice to listen — for information. And they act on the information they hear.
- As a medium, radio is number one in terms of primary targets: it is direct to consumers; reaches clearly defined and diverse specialty marketing targets; appeals to all ages, gender, and other demographics.
- Talk radio especially appeals to an upper scale demographic: professional business women; managerial levels; highly educated “lifelong learners” for whom consumer awareness and critical thinking skills are fundamental to their personal and business lifestyles.
- Radio is the prime ongoing medium throughout the working day. Consumer research identifies radio as the number one medium between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- As a source of news, and consumer and current affairs, radio has the most extensive and ongoing reach. Radio is the primary information source all day long.
- The technology of talk radio and Internet makes it immediate, flexible, and highly adaptable. Advertising can be produced quickly and easily with high production values. Talk radio and Internet can meet production deadlines faster than other media.
- Talk radio has built-in cost-efficiency: it is the nature of the medium. Talk radio’s “cost-per-thousand” remains the lowest of all major media.
- Talk radio is the human voice. Talk radio is worldwide.
- Talk radio is the most cost-effective and results-oriented medium for showcasing your product and for reaching consumers directly.
Talk Radio and the Internet
As the most comprehensive and diverse broadcast medium, the Internet is essential to all media. The Internet has democratized the media. It delivers information directly to the consumers and empowers them.Talk radio on the Internet has become the ultimate grassroots medium.